Raspberry Cream Cheese Strudel
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces raspberry preserves
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place frozen sheet of puff pastry on parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Spread cream cheese down middle third of puff pastry sheet.
- Spread raspberry preserves over the top of the cream cheese.
- Make 6 diagonal slices on each of the outer 1/3 sides of
puff pastry (on each side of the filling).Braid one slice over the other, pinching together last braid.
- Lightly whip one egg and, using pastry brush, egg wash entire strudel.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a food processor just until blended and still
- Top strudel with generous portion of streusel topping.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until browned and preserves begin to bubble out.
Yield: approximately 10 slices