Shrimp and Cheese Strudel
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green
- 4 ounces cooked tiny shrimp, chopped (or one can
shrimp, drained and rinsed)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out thawed sheet of puff pastry to an 18 x
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cheese, sour cream, green onion, shrimp and
half of the beaten egg (about two tablespoons). Spread the mixture lengthwise down
half of the rectangle, leaving a half-inch border on edge.
- Using a pastry brush,
brush the edges of the pastry with some of the beaten egg. Carefully fold the dough
over the filling and seal the edges using the tines of a fork to crimp the dough
- Transfer the strudel to an extra large baking sheet.
- Brush the strudel with
beaten egg to help it become a glossy golden brown during baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven. Cool for at least 20
minutes before slicing.
Tip: Use a pizza cutter to slice 1-inch wide slices across strudel. Cut those
slices in half lengthwise to form small rectangles.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Strudel Recipes