Shrimp and Cheese Strudel
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green
- 4 ounces cooked tiny shrimp, chopped (or one can
shrimp, drained and rinsed)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out thawed sheet of puff pastry to an 18 x
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cheese, sour cream, green onion, shrimp and
half of the beaten egg (about two tablespoons). Spread the mixture lengthwise down
half of the rectangle, leaving a half-inch border on edge.
- Using a pastry brush,
brush the edges of the pastry with some of the beaten egg. Carefully fold the dough
over the filling and seal the edges using the tines of a fork to crimp the dough
- Transfer the strudel to an extra large baking sheet.
- Brush the strudel with
beaten egg to help it become a glossy golden brown during baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven. Cool for at least 20
minutes before slicing.
Tip: Use a pizza cutter to slice 1-inch wide slices across strudel. Cut those
slices in half lengthwise to form small rectangles.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Strudel Recipes