- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups apricot preserves, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar mixed with 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup golden raisins, divided
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting and rolling
- Dough: Mix dough ingredients together in bowl and knead into smooth dough. Separate
into three balls. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours.
- Roll 1 ball of dough onto lightly floured and confectioners' sugared surface.
Roll into circle.
- Filling: Spread each circle generously with 1 cup apricot preserves.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
- Spread 1/2 cup chopped walnuts over top.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Top with 1/4 cup golden raisins. Roll from
one side into a log. Pinch ends together.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or
until top is lightly golden. Do not over-bake (the top looks light).
- Remove from oven and lightly slice 1/4 inch crosswise only on the top of the
loaf. Wait 15 minutes and slice through. Let cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 3 strudels, each cut into 12 slices
* The dough may be frozen in three balls. The baked slices can also be frozen
without confectioners' sugar on top.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Strudel Recipes