- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups apricot preserves, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar mixed with 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup golden raisins, divided
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting and rolling
- Dough: Mix dough ingredients together in bowl and knead into smooth dough. Separate into three balls. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours.*
- Roll 1 ball of dough onto lightly floured and confectioners' sugared surface. Roll into circle.
- Filling: Spread each circle generously with 1 cup apricot reserves.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
- Spread 1/2 cup chopped walnuts over top.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Top with 1/4 cup golden raisins. Roll from one side into a log. Pinch ends together.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Do not over-bake (the top looks light).
- Remove from oven and lightly slice 1/4 inch crosswise only on the top of the loaf. Wait 15 minutes and slice through. Let cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
* The dough may be frozen in three balls. The baked slices can also be frozen
without confectioners' sugar on top.
Yield: 3 strudels, each cut into 12 slices
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.