Apple Butterscotch Tart
- 1 pastry for single-crust pie
- 5 cups peeled and thinly sliced tart apples
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) chilled butter
- 1 container vanilla ice cream (light is fine)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9-inch tart pan the pastry,
trimming away any extra.
- Arrange the apples on top of the pastry shell. Sprinkle the
butterscotch chips over the apples.
- Combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter
with pastry blender or a fork until mixture resembles coarse
crumbs. Sprinkle this mixture over filling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Makes 8 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.