Apple Tart with Marzipan Crumble
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream, chilled
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 ounces almond paste
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Crust: Blend first four ingredients in processor until nuts are
- Add butter; process until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add cream and yolk. Blend, using on/off turns, until dough
comes together. Press over bottom and up sides of 11-inch diameter
tart pan with removable bottom. Pierce all over with fork.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake crust until golden, pressing with
back of fork every 5 minutes if crust bubbles, about 25 minutes.
Transfer crust to rack; cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Crumble: Blend flour, almond paste and sugar in processor until
almond paste is finely ground.
- Add butter and blend, using on/off
turns, until coarse crumbs form. Transfer crumble to bowl; mix in
- Filling: Combine all ingredients in medium bowl; toss to blend
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup crumble over cooled crust.
- Top with apple mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumble.
- Bake tart until top is golden, about 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Push up pan bottom to release tart. Cool. (Can be made 8 hours ahead.
Let stand at room temperature.)
- Serve warm or cold.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 511 Calories from Fat: 50%
Protein: 8g Carbohydrate: 58g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 244mg
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.