- 4 cups fresh apricots
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pastry dough - sweet or puff
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook apricots and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until well
- Mix cornstarch with just enough water to make a paste. Spoon some
of the hot apricot mixture into cornstarch paste. Mix until there
are no lumps. Gradually add back into the remaining apricot mixture
and cook until mixture is clear.
- On lightly floured board, roll chilled dough into 1/8 inch thickness.
Cut into 4- to 5-inch squares, depending on size of muffin pans
used. Gently place in muffin tins. Fill each with apricot filling
(1/2 to 3/4 full). Dot with butter, a dash of cinnamon, and a dash
of sugar. Bring 4 corners of square together at top to seal. Sprinkle
- Bake until crust browns.
Yield: 12 to 20 (depending on muffin tin size)
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tart Recipes