- 4 cups fresh apricots
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pastry dough - sweet or puff
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook apricots and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until well cooked.
- Mix cornstarch with just enough water to make a paste. Spoon some of the hot apricot mixture into cornstarch paste. Mix until there are no lumps. Gradually add back into the remaining apricot mixture and cook until mixture is clear.
- On lightly floured board, roll chilled dough into 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 4- to 5-inch squares, depending on size of muffin pans used. Gently place in muffin tins. Fill each with apricot filling (1/2 to 3/4 full). Dot with butter, a dash of cinnamon, and a dash of sugar. Bring 4 corners of square together at top to seal. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until crust browns.
Yield: 12 to 20 (depending on muffin tin size)
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.