Chocolate Razipane Tart
- 7 ounces almond paste
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons spelt flour
- 6 tablespoons Ghirardelli sweet ground chocolate
- 2/3 cup Ghirardelli chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a tart pan, then dust with a little ground chocolate. Set aside.
- Grate almond paste into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and butter; mixing on high speed,
mix until well combined.
- One tablespoon at a time, add 2 tablespoons raspberry jam,
mixing between each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then mix until
the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine ground chocolate and flour; stir to combine.
dry ingredients into the butter mixture until just combined. Spread batter evenly
in the tart pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the between the center
and the edge of the pan comes out clean. (The middle of the tart will seem
too soft but will set up while cooling.)
- Let tart cool on a wire rack.
- Heat the chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and remaining jam in a double-boiler
until melted, making sure to whisk the mixture constantly to prevent scorching.
Once the mixture is well blended and smooth, remove the pan from heat and pour the
mixture over the cooled tart.
Source: Chef Rachelle Nutt