Chocolate Truffle Tart
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- For Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat flour, powdered sugar, nuts, butter and cocoa in large mixer
bowl until soft dough forms. Press dough onto bottom and up sides
of ungreased 9 or 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until puffed. Cool completely in pan on
- For Filling: In medium saucepan bring cream and sugar just to a
boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in morsels and
jam; let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Transfer to small
mixer bowl. Cover; refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or until mixture
is cooled and slightly thickened.
- Beat for 20-30 seconds or just until color lightens slightly. Spoon
into crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- Remove side of pan; garnish
with whipped cream and raspberries.
May be made in a 9-inch pie plate.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 7, 2001.