Creamy Fruit Tarts
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups assorted fruit slices or berries
- 1/3 cup
apple or apricot jelly, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix baking mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, the margarine and 1 package cream cheese
in small bowl until dough forms a ball. Divide into 6 parts. Press each part dough
on bottom and up 3/4 inch sides of 6 tart pans, 4 1/4 x 1-inch or 10 custard cups.
Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown; cool on wire rack.
- Remove tart
shells from pans.
- Beat remaining package cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and sour cream until smooth.
Spoon into tart shells, spreading over bottoms.
- Top each with about 1/4 cup fruit.
- Brush with jelly.
Yield: 6 servings
Each Serving: calories 300, (calories from fat 155); fat 17g (saturated 9g),
cholesterol 3mg; sodium 400mg; carbohydrates 40g (dietary fiber 1g); protein 4g