Dazzling Rhubarb Raspberry Tart
- 1 pound pink rhubarb
- 1 1/4 cups raspberry jam
- 1 (8- or 9-inch) short
crust pie shell, baked blind
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the rhubarb, trim the ends from the stalks, and cut them into neat 1-inch
lengths. Put them into a saucepan with just 1 teaspoon of water. Put the pan on
very low heat and let the rhubarb soften. As it cooks it will produce some juice.
When tender - about 7 to 10 minutes - remove from the pan to a bowl using a slotted
spoon to drain. Reserve the juice.
- Stir the raspberry jam into the rhubarb. If necessary, add a little of the remaining
rhubarb juice to get the consistency you want. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for
- Let the tart cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, sift the confectioners' sugar over the surface.
Serves 6 to 8.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tart Recipes