Lemon Curd Tarts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons freshly-grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pastry: Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender
until pieces are the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle the water gradually
over flour mixture, stirring with a fork and drawing flour into
a ball. Add just enough water to hold the mixture together and pull
away from the sides of the bowl. Pat into a ball and turn out onto
a lightly floured board. Roll into a circle and cut shapes to fit
small tart pans or muffin tins.
- Prick each shell with a fork and
bake for 12 minutes. Cool.
- Lemon Filling: Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add lemon juice, rind and sugar. Cook,
stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring
constantly, until thick, about 20 minutes.
- Fill tart shells and refrigerate until serving time.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tart Recipes