Lemon Curd Tarts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons freshly-grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pastry: Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender
until pieces are the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle the water gradually
over flour mixture, stirring with a fork and drawing flour into
a ball. Add just enough water to hold the mixture together and pull
away from the sides of the bowl. Pat into a ball and turn out onto
a lightly floured board. Roll into a circle and cut shapes to fit
small tart pans or muffin tins.
- Prick each shell with a fork and
bake for 12 minutes. Cool.
- Lemon Filling: Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add lemon juice, rind and sugar. Cook,
stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring
constantly, until thick, about 20 minutes.
- Fill tart shells and refrigerate until serving time.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.