Macaroon Butterscotch Tartlets
Filled with a creamy mixture that includes evaporated milk and butterscotch flavored
morsels, and paired with the sweet crunch of a coconut crust, these delicious hand-held
desserts will surely satisfy.
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus
two tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 to two tablespoons
- Butterscotch Filling: Whisk together evaporated milk, water and cornstarch and
salt in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Stir in morsels, butter and vanilla extract
until smooth. For a smoother sauce, strain through metal strainer.
- Refrigerate for
- Coconut Crusts: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12, 2 1/2-inch muffin cups.
Line small baking sheet with foil.
- Place flour, 1 cup coconut, sugar and salt in food processor fitted with metal
blade. Process until finely chopped.
- Add butter and 1 tablespoon water and pulse
until fine crumbs are formed.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin cups and press
onto bottom and halfway up sides. Pierce bottom of each crust several times.
- Bake crusts for 15 minutes or until light brown around edges, re-piercing bottoms
of crusts after 8 minutes.
- While baking the crust, toast remaining 2 tablespoons
coconut on prepared baking sheet in same oven for 8 minutes or until light golden
- Cool coconut crusts in cups and toasted coconut completely on wire racks.
- To serve, remove crusts from pans to serving platter with tip of knife.
a heaping measuring tablespoon of Butterscotch Filling into each crust.
- Top with
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
Cooling: 60 mins
Yields: 12 tartlets
By: NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE
Reprinted with permission from
VeryBestBaking.com and Nestlé®.