For a tantalizing twist, add a teaspoon of finely shredded Florida Orange Peel
to the pastry mixture before adding the water.
- Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream
cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded Florida
Orange Peel (set aside)
- 1 tablespoon Florida Orange Juice
- 2/3 cup Florida
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 Florida Oranges,
peeled, sectioned, and seeded
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
strips of Florida Orange Peel (optional)
- Thin strips of lime peel (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. In a medium mixing bowl stir together 1 1/4 cups
all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut in 1/4 cup shortening until mixture
resembles fine crumbs. Using 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water, sprinkle 1 tablespoon
of the water at a time over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened
dough to side of bowl. Repeat until all dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, flatten the
ball of dough with hands. Roll dough from center to the edges forming a circle about
13" in diameter. Ease pastry into an 11" tart pan with removable bottom,
being careful not to stretch the pastry. Trim even with edge of pan. Prick bottom
and sides of pastry generously with the tines of a fork.
- Bake in a 450 degree F
oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool pastry on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl combine cream cheese, the 1/4 cup sugar,
and the1 tablespoon orange juice. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed until
light and fluffy. Stir in the 1 teaspoon orange peel. Spread filling in baked tart
- For orange glaze, in a small saucepan combine the 2/3 cup orange juice, the 1
tablespoon sugar, and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is
thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Arrange orange sections then strawberry halves atop cheese filling. Spoon orange
glaze over all. Sprinkle with thin strips of orange peel and lime peel, if desired.
Cover and chill up to 6 hours. Remove sides of pan from tart and place tart on serving
Yield: 10 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Florida Department of Citrus.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tart Recipes