Peach Custard Marzipan Tart
The flavors of juicy ripe peaches and marzipan blend in this chewy,
crunchy tart. Cook the crust until it is well browned and crisp.
This tart keeps for several days when covered and stored at room
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 3/4 cups (8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1 cup Love'n Bake™ Marzipan
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 to 5 ripe peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Additional butter and granulated sugar as needed
- Whipped cream or ice cream
- Dough: Combine the flour, salt and cold butter in the bowl of a food
processor fitted with the metal blade. Blend the dough by pulsing
10 times. The butter should stay in visible pea-sized pieces. Add
the cold water and pulse a few times to moisten the dough. It will
not come together in a ball.
- Dump the flour mixture into a large bowl. Gather the crumbly
dough up into a ball and wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate
for at least one hour before rolling.
- Place a baking stone, if available, on the middle shelf of the
oven. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough out on a
lightly floured surface to form a 14-inch circle or rectangle a
bit larger than a half baking sheet. Transfer the dough to a paper-lined
- Filling: Roll the marzipan thinly into a circle a few inches smaller than
the tart dough then place it on the crust. (Or you may coarsely
grate the marzipan and sprinkle it evenly over the dough.) Sprinkle
the marzipan with one tablespoon of flour. Arrange the peach slices
on top of the marzipan-topped dough. Position the slices so that
they barely touch working around the edge of the dough in a circular
- Fold up the edges of the dough covering the first ring of peach
- Whisk together the milk, sour cream, egg and sugar until lump-free
and well blended. Pour over the peaches. Dot the crust and peaches
with a few thin slices of butter then sprinkle evenly with additional
- Bake the tart until the crust is brown and the peaches are slightly
darkened on top, 50 to 55 minutes.
- Cool the tart on a wire rack
then serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Recipe credit: Love'n' Bake™ - ingredients from American Almond Products
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tart Recipes