Pear and Raspberry Frangipane Tart


Pear and Raspberry Frangipane Tart

The ultimate in butter-rich pastry, this Pear and Raspberry Frangipane Tart boasts a puffy ground almond filling.

Ingredients

Crust

  • 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water

Filling

  • 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
  • 1 cup whole blanched almonds
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 (15.5 ounce) can sliced pears

Instructions

  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Crust: Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
  3. In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/4 cup sugar; mix well.
  4. With pastry blender or fork, cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  5. Gradually add water to flour mixture until dough forms a ball. Knead 2 or 3 times until smooth. Flatten ball slightly. Press dough in bottom and up sides of ungreased 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
  6. Filling: Spread jam evenly over crust.
  7. Place almonds in food processor bowl with metal blade or blender container; process until finely chopped.
  8. Add 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon flour; process until blended. Add egg and extract; mix well.
  9. Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Add reserved liquid to almond mixture; blend until smooth. Spread evenly in crust. Arrange pear slices over filling.
  10. Bake at 400 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and top is deep golden brown.
  11. Cool for 1 1/2 hours or until completely cooled.

Nutrition information per serving; serving size: 1/12 of Recipe - Calories 320 Calories from Fat 150

% Daily value: Total Fat 17 g 26 % Saturated 3 g 15 % Cholesterol 20 mg 7 % Sodium 130 mg 5 % Total Carbohydrate 36 g 12 % Dietary Fiber 2 g 8 % Sugars 20 g Protein 5 g Vitamin A 10 % Vitamin C 0 % Calcium 4 % Iron 8 %

Dietary exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Fruit, 3 Fat OR 2 1/2 Carbohydrate, 3 Fat

Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury

This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.



Join our group at Gab Join our group at Gab

Weekly Specials from The Prepared Pantry