Pear and Raspberry Frangipane Tart
The ultimate in butter-rich pastry boasts a puffy ground almond filling.
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can sliced pears
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crust: Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/4 cup sugar; mix well.
- With pastry blender or fork, cut in 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles
- Gradually add water to flour mixture until dough forms a ball. Knead
2 or 3 times until smooth. Flatten ball slightly. Press dough in bottom and up sides
of ungreased 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Filling: Spread jam evenly over crust.
- Place almonds in food processor bowl with metal blade or blender container; process
until finely chopped.
- Add 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon flour;
process until blended. Add egg and extract; mix well.
- Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Add reserved liquid to almond mixture;
blend until smooth. Spread evenly in crust. Arrange pear slices over filling.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is lightly browned
and top is deep golden brown.
- Cool for 1 1/2 hours or until completely cooled.
Nutrition information per serving; serving size: 1/12 of Recipe - Calories
320 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily value: Total Fat 17 g 26 % Saturated 3 g 15 % Cholesterol 20 mg 7
% Sodium 130 mg 5 % Total Carbohydrate 36 g 12 % Dietary Fiber 2 g 8 % Sugars 20
g Protein 5 g Vitamin A 10 % Vitamin C 0 % Calcium 4 % Iron 8 %
Dietary exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Fruit, 3 Fat OR 2 1/2 Carbohydrate, 3
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):