Raspberry Almond Tarts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup almond paste, crumbled
- 1/3 cup whole blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- Beat the butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl until light and
- Add the flour and beat until blended.
- Chill, covered, for
- Shape the chilled pastry into 24 (1-inch) balls. Press over the
bottoms and sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups.
- Spoon 1/2
teaspoon of raspberry preserves into each cup.
- Combine the egg, sugar and almond paste in a bowl. Spoon 1 teaspoon
over the preserves in each cup.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
at 325 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly in the pan.
Remove from the cups to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 2 dozen tarts
Tarts may be frozen for up to one month.