Raspberry Coconut Tarts
- One recipe pastry for double-crust pie
- Raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coconut
- Prepare pastry dough. Roll out on lightly floured surface to one-eighth inch thickness. Cut into circles with 3 1/2-inch round cutter. Line 3-inch diameter muffin tins with pastry circles.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam into each.
- Beat eggs. Stir in combined sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add cooled melted butter, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Stir in coconut. Spoon mixture into pastry-lined tart tins filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Loosen edges with pointed knife and allow tarts to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from tins.
Yield: 15 tarts
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.