Raspberry Kiwi Tart
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ice water (more if needed)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, put through sieve
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Cut in the butter,
using pastry cutter or 2 knives, until the mixture resembles coarse
meal. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time, working into
the flour with fork. Form into a ball. Roll between sheets of wax
paper until dough is a circle, 12 inches in diameter. Fit into 10-inch
tart pan. Trim off excess. Prick bottom with fork; line with buttered
foil and weigh down with rice or dry beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Filling: In medium bowl, stir together the cornstarch and sugar; then gradually
stir in milk. Beat in the egg. Pour into a medium size saucepan
and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the custard
comes to a slow boil. Stir in the liqueur. Place plastic wrap over
surface of custard and chill.
- Heat the sieved apricot preserves and spread over top of fruits
with a pastry brush. Chill until serving time.
- Assembly: Spread custard over bottom of pre-baked pie shell. Arrange raspberries
in the center and place slices of peeled kiwi around the outer edge
of the tart.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tart Recipes