Raspberry Kiwi Tart
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ice water (more if needed)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, put through sieve
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Cut in the butter, using pastry cutter or 2 knives, until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time, working into the flour with fork. Form into a ball. Roll between sheets of wax paper until dough is a circle, 12 inches in diameter. Fit into 10-inch tart pan. Trim off excess. Prick bottom with fork; line with buttered foil and weigh down with rice or dry beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Filling: In medium bowl, stir together the cornstarch and sugar; then gradually stir in milk. Beat in the egg. Pour into a medium size saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the custard comes to a slow boil. Stir in the liqueur. Place plastic wrap over surface of custard and chill.
- Heat the sieved apricot preserves and spread over top of fruits with a pastry brush. Chill until serving time.
- Assembly: Spread custard over bottom of pre-baked pie shell. Arrange raspberries in the center and place slices of peeled kiwi around the outer edge of the tart.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.