Raspberry Phyllo Tart
- 1/2 cup almonds, ground
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 20 sheets Athens Fillo Dough,
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 pints raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry jelly, heated to
- In small bowl, combine almonds and sugar. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter, almond paste, eggs and flour. Using an
electric mixer, beat at high speed until smooth, for about 5 minutes.
- Use a 9″ spring form pan. Take a piece of waxed paper and cut a circle 10″ round
to use as a pattern. Fold the pattern in half and use this as a guide to cut through
20 fillo sheets.
- Cover the fillo with plastic wrap until ready to use. Melt the remaining 1/4
cup of butter and butter pan bottom.
- Overlap the sheets of fillo (using curved edges of fillo to fit along sides of
pan), covering the bottom and sides of the pan. Sprinkle the almond and sugar mixture
over each sheet as you layer them. Use all 20 sheets. Pour the almond paste and
butter mixture over the top layer of fillo.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove tart from oven and arrange raspberries on filling. Brush with heated jelly.
- Serve warm or chilled with ice cream or whipped cream.
Reprinted with permission from