Raspberry-Rhubarb Marzipan Tarts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut up
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut up
- 1/4 cup almond paste (marzipan), cut up
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Crust: Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or a fork until the crust is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the water over the flour mixture. Stir with a fork until the dough
comes together into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Separate the dough into 4 parts. Roll out one part of the dough
on a lightly floured surface into a round to fit into 4-inch round
tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Topping: Combine the flour, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a bowl.
- Add the butter and marzipan, and work into the dough with a pastry blender
or fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- Filling: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar, flour, rhubarb, raspberries and lemon juice in
a bowl. Gently stir until combined.
- Divide the filling among the tart shells.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of each.
- Place the tarts
on a baking sheet and bake about 30 minutes until browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool to warm before serving.
Per tart: 785 calories; 300 mg. sodium; 72 mg. cholesterol;
31 grams fat; 17 grams saturated fat; 121 grams carbohydrates; 8
grams protein; 5 grams fiber
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tart Recipes