Rustic Glazed Strawberry
Tart with Almond Crust
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Crust: Stir together flour, almonds, sugar, lemon rind and salt in a large
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until
coarse crumbs form.
- Whisk together egg and vanilla extract in a small bowl; stir into
flour mixture until a dough forms. Shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic;
refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a baking sheet. Place
dough on baking sheet; pat into a 10-inch circle, forming a high
edge. Pierce bottom of dough all over with a fork.
- Bake until slightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack and
cool for 10 minutes; transfer shell to rack to cool completely.
- Strawberry Topping: Melt jam with lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat until
- Spread 1/2 cup jam mixture over bottom of shell.
- Arrange strawberries on top, cut sides down and pointing out, starting in
- Brush strawberries with remaining jam mixture.
- Serve with whipped cream on the side, if desired.
The shell may be prepared ahead of time and frozen up to 2
months. Thaw and prepare with fruit topping as recipe directs.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.