Rustic Glazed Strawberry
Tart with Almond Crust
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground almonds
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Crust: Stir together flour, almonds, sugar, lemon rind and salt in a large
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until
coarse crumbs form.
- Whisk together egg and vanilla extract in a small bowl; stir into
flour mixture until a dough forms. Shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic;
refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a baking sheet. Place
dough on baking sheet; pat into a 10-inch circle, forming a high
edge. Pierce bottom of dough all over with a fork.
- Bake until slightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack and
cool for 10 minutes; transfer shell to rack to cool completely.
- Strawberry Topping: Melt jam with lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat until
- Spread 1/2 cup jam mixture over bottom of shell.
- Arrange strawberries on top, cut sides down and pointing out, starting in
- Brush strawberries with remaining jam mixture.
- Serve with whipped cream on the side, if desired.
The shell may be prepared ahead of time and frozen up to 2
months. Thaw and prepare with fruit topping as recipe directs.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tart Recipes