Shenandoah Apple Tart
I got this out of some paper last winter. It is very good!
- 1/2 cup apple juice or water
- 3 large tart baking apples, peeled, cored and
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Reddi-Wip whipped
cream or homemade whipped cream
- In a large skillet, bring apple juice or water to boiling; add apples. Reduce
heat. Cover and simmer about 3 minutes or until apples are just tender. With a slotted
spoon, remove apple slices. Cool slightly.
- Press cookie dough into a greased and floured 10 inch quiche dish or a 9-inch
pie plate, pressing dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Toss together apple slices, lemon
juice and 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Arrange coated apple slices
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until evenly browned and set.
- Serve warm with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
Yield: 12 servings
Can be served cold and it is just as good.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 10/26/2001 1:43 pm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.