Strawberry Cheesecake Tart
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (half of a 15 ounce package)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 4-5 cups (about 1 1/2 pounds) stemmed and halved strawberries
- 2 tablespoons strawberry or red currant jelly, melted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Press pie crust into 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom.
Fold edge in and press firmly against side of pan. Prick crust all
over with fork.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake in center of oven for 10-12
minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on rack.
- Meanwhile, in mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and
vanilla extract until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- When tart shell is completely cool, spread chocolate evenly over
bottom. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes until set.
- Spread cheese mixture
evenly over chocolate. Arrange strawberries on cheese mixture and
brush lightly with jelly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts per serving: 402 calories, 29 g fat, 60 mg cholesterol,
305 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber and 6 g protein
For a lower-fat version, spread bottom of pie shell with 2 ounces
melted chocolate instead of 3 ounces, use 2 (8-ounce packages) reduced-fat
or Neufchatel cheese for the cream cheese and increase vanilla to
11/2 teaspoons It will lower calories to 318 and fat to 20 g.
Recipe used with permission from
the California Strawberry Commission.