Strawberry Cheesecake Tart
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (half of a 15 ounce package)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 4-5 cups (about 1 1/2 pounds) stemmed and halved strawberries
- 2 tablespoons strawberry or red currant jelly, melted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Press pie crust into 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom.
Fold edge in and press firmly against side of pan. Prick crust all
over with fork.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake in center of oven for 10-12
minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on rack.
- Meanwhile, in mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and
vanilla extract until smooth and creamy; set aside.
- When tart shell is completely cool, spread chocolate evenly over
bottom. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes until set.
- Spread cheese mixture
evenly over chocolate. Arrange strawberries on cheese mixture and
brush lightly with jelly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts per serving: 402 calories, 29 g fat, 60 mg cholesterol,
305 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber and 6 g protein
For a lower-fat version, spread bottom of pie shell with 2 ounces
melted chocolate instead of 3 ounces, use 2 (8-ounce packages) reduced-fat
or Neufchatel cheese for the cream cheese and increase vanilla to
11/2 teaspoons It will lower calories to 318 and fat to 20 g.
Recipe used with permission from
the California Strawberry Commission.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.