Tiny Lemon Tarts
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pastry: Cream butter with flour and confectioners' sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Add the vanilla extract and again blend thoroughly.
- Divide dough evenly between
36 miniature muffin tins. With fingers, smooth and press the dough into place on
the bottom and sides of muffin tins to form shells - just to edge of tin, not letting
any dough extend beyond top of the tin.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and put 1 tablespoon of cleaned pinto beans in each tin.
This will keep dough from shrinking.
- Place tins in oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove beans from crusts.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Fill each shell gradually until all lemon filling is used.
- Return to oven and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes or until just firm.
- Remove from oven and place
in a draft-free area. Cool.
- Carefully remove shells from tin, loosening edges with thin knife. Place shells
on cooling racks.
- When completely cool, frost tops with pastry brush.
- Filling: To the slightly beaten eggs, add the sugar, flour, and baking powder.
Blend well with spatula.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon rind, and continue to blend
only with a spatula until well combined.
- Frosting: Blend the confectioners' sugar with the lemon juice until smooth.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.