Tiny Lemon Tarts
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pastry: Cream butter with flour and confectioners' sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Add the vanilla extract and again blend thoroughly.
- Divide dough evenly between
36 miniature muffin tins. With fingers, smooth and press the dough into place on
the bottom and sides of muffin tins to form shells - just to edge of tin, not letting
any dough extend beyond top of the tin.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and put 1 tablespoon of cleaned pinto beans in each tin.
This will keep dough from shrinking.
- Place tins in oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully remove beans from crusts.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Fill each shell gradually until all lemon filling is used.
- Return to oven and bake for another 12 to 15 minutes or until just firm.
- Remove from oven and place
in a draft-free area. Cool.
- Carefully remove shells from tin, loosening edges with thin knife. Place shells
on cooling racks.
- When completely cool, frost tops with pastry brush.
- Filling: To the slightly beaten eggs, add the sugar, flour, and baking powder.
Blend well with spatula.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon rind, and continue to blend
only with a spatula until well combined.
- Frosting: Blend the confectioners' sugar with the lemon juice until smooth.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tart Recipes