Toffee Apple Tart
Bring in the flavor of summer, with our simple and delicious Toffee Apple Tart.
- 8 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 3 large tart apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup
toffee bits, divided
- Decorator sugar crystals, if desired
- Combine rolls and roll into a 16-inch circle. Place it on a sprayed 12-inch pizza
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup toffee bits onto the dough, staying about 2 inches away from
the edge. Press the bits into the dough.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the apples and toss until
- Arrange apple slices onto dough by slightly overlapping them in a
circular design. It will take two rows. Leave 2 inches of the edge uncovered all
the way around.
- Sprinkle the remaining toffee bits over apples. Fold edge of dough
up over the apples and sprinkle with decorator sugar crystals, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
Prep Time: 30 min (not including thaw
Bake Time: 20 min
Recipe and photo credit:
Rhodes International - rhodesbread.com.