Turtle Cheesecake Tarts
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Unroll 1 pie crust on work surface. Roll lightly with rolling pin.
Cut 12 rounds from crust with 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Press rounds
into bottom and up sides of 12 mini muffin cups.
- Repeat with remaining
- Place about 5 of the dark chocolate chips in each crust.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Leave crusts in pan.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel topping
and egg with mixer on medium speed until creamy. Spoon evenly over
chocolate chips, about 1 1/2 teaspoons for each tart.
- Bake at 375
degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheesecake is set.
for 10 minutes and remove from pan to cooling rack.
- In small custard cup or microwavable bowl, place remaining chocolate
chips and oil in microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave
for another 30 seconds, or until melted.
- Stir and drizzle over each
cheesecake and immediately sprinkle with pecans.
- Refrigerate for
2 hours before serving.