Wild Plum Tarts
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 pint wild plum jelly
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add orange and lemon
- Add flour slowly until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Pinch dough into small balls. Place balls in miniature muffin tins
and press dough into each to form shells.
- Place some nuts in bottom
of each shell.
- Add about 1 teaspoon plum jelly to each and top with
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven until dough is golden
- Cool before removing from tins.
Yield: 2 1/2 to 3 dozen