Italian Zucchini Crescent Pie (T&T)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent dinner rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the zucchini and onion and sauté until the onion is golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, and oregano.
- Combine the eggs and mozzarella and stir into the zucchini mixture.
- Place the crescent rolls in an ungreased 10-inch pie plate. Press over the bottom and up the sides to form a crust.
- Spread the crust with the mustard.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the center is set. If the crust begins to brown before the center is set, cover with aluminum foil.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings