Apricot “Danish” Breakfast Pizza
Cream cheese and apricot topping combine with sweet yeast dough to give the flavor
of Danish Pastry in pizza form.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 package) dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water (100-110 degrees F)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 3 to 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Challenge Butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon peel
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Combine yeast, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and warm water in a small bowl. Let stand
5 minutes or until yeast mixture is bubbly.
- Stir sour cream and egg into the yeast mixture.
- Into a food processor bowl with dough blade attachment, add 3 cups of flour and
1/2 cup of sugar and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Add butter and pulse to combine. While processor is running, add yeast mixture
through chute and keep processing until mixture forms into a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and satiny.
Add additional flour if necessary.
- Place dough into buttered bowl and turnover once to butter top. Cover and let
rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Punch down dough and knead dough on lightly floured surface to release air.
- Place dough on a buttered 14-inch pizza pan or 10 x 15-inch jelly-roll pan. Cover
and let the dough rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stretch and pat dough out evenly to fit the pan.
- Blend together cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then blend in egg and lemon
- Spread mixture over top of dough.
- Dot the top of the cream cheese mixture with teaspoons of apricot preserves;
swirl to create a marbled effect.
- Let rise (10 to 15 minutes) until dough is puffy.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F or until crust is golden brown.
Servings: 12-16 slices
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Recipe credit: Challenge Dairy
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pizza Recipes