Breakfast Sausage Pizza 2
The sausage in the pizza can be replaced with ground pork, diced ham, or chorizo.
Serve with fresh seasonal fruit to complete your breakfast.
- 6 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10-inch) ready-made pizza crust
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet cook sausage, bacon, and onions over medium-high heat until
browned and cooked through (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Remove all but 1 teaspoon of drippings from pan.
- Add eggs, parsley, and seasonings, stirring to scramble. Stir while cooking for
2-3 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Meanwhile, place pizza crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet and top with 1/2
cup of the cheese.
- Place in a 400 degrees F oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove crust and top with eggs, sausage and onions.
- Top with bacon and remaining cheese.
- Return to oven until cheese is melted and bacon is crisp.
- Garnish with additional parsley, if desired.
- Slice to serve.
Serves 8 | Prep time 10 min | Cook time 25 min
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pizza Recipes