Chorizo Mexican Breakfast Pizzas
Start your day with this cheesy Mexican pizza topped with chorizo, beans and
veggies – a hearty breakfast recipe.
- 6 ounces chorizo sausage, casing removed and crumbled, or 6 ounces bulk chorizo sausage
- 2 (10-inch) whole grain lower carb lavash flatbreads or tortillas
- 1/4 cup chunky style salsa
- 1/2 cup black beans with cumin and chili spices (from 15-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons crumbed cotija (white Mexican) cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In 8-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until brown;
- On 1 large or 2 small cookie sheets, place flatbreads. Spread each with 2 tablespoons
- Top each with half the chorizo, beans, tomatoes, corn and Cheddar cheese.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle each with half the cilantro and cotija cheese; cut into wedges.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time 15 min | Total Time 25 min | Servings 4
Cotija cheese is a tasty type of crumbly Mexican cheese and just a little bit
adds great flavor. If cotija isn’t available, substitute with crumbled feta cheese.
Nutrition Information Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories330 ( Calories from
Fat170), Total Fat19g (Saturated Fat7g, Trans Fat0g ), Cholesterol40mg Sodium1030mg
Total Carbohydrate19g (Dietary Fiber6g Sugars2g ), Protein20g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A10%; Vitamin C4%; Calcium8%; Iron15%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1
1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker.