Honey Drizzled Breakfast Pizza
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon wildflower honey
- As needed all purpose flour
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 3 each cooked or scrambled eggs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced sage
- 1/4 cup wildflower honey
- 1 each breakfast pizza
- 1 cup washed baby arugula
- As needed Sage-Honey Drizzle
- Breakfast Pizza: Heat an oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a heated sauté pan, add the sausage and oil. Cook the sausage. Break the sausage
into small pieces with a spoon or spatula.
- When the sausage is fully cooked, add 1 tablespoon of honey and reserve the sausage.
- On a floured, flat cookie sheet roll out the pizza dough. It should stretch to
about 16 inches in diameter. Poke the dough with a fork to prevent too many bubbles
from forming during the cooking process.
- Add the cheese on top of the dough, leaving about a 1-inch border.
- Add the sausage and eggs on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 18–22 minutes.
- Once cheese is golden brown at the edges, remove from oven and cut as desired.
- Sage-Honey Drizzle: Combine sage and honey together and mix thoroughly. Set
aside for assembly.
- Assembly: Top pizza with arugula and a drizzle of sage-honey.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 1 pizza; 4 portions
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board - nhb.org
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pizza Recipes