Microwave Breakfast Flatbread Pizza
Get kids to the table quickly in the morning with pizza for breakfast! The perfect
way to start the morning – pizza for breakfast! Serve with fresh fruit for a well-rounded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons fully-cooked breakfast sausage
crumbles or 1 fully-cooked breakfast sausage link or patty,
- 1 round flatbread (6-inch diameter)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded
- Beat egg and milk in 2-cup cereal bowl until blended.
- Add sausage.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds; push cooked edges toward center.
- Microwave until egg is almost set, about 15 to 45 seconds longer.
- Cut egg into 4 or 5 pieces; arrange on flatbread.
- Top with cheese.
- Microwave an additional 10 to 15 seconds to melt cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 15 seconds | Cook Time: 45 to 75 seconds
Servings: 1 serving
Don't overcook. Eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.