Pepperoni Breakfast Pizza
Take a taste adventure with breakfast pizza featuring scrambled eggs, spicy pepperoni
and zesty pizza sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced pepperoni (from 6-ounce package)
- 2 medium green
onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup pizza
sauce (from 8-ounce can)
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Italian cheese blend (6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil leaves, if desired
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix and hot water until soft dough forms.
- Press dough in bottom and up side of pan, using fingers dipped in Bisquick mix,
forming rim at edge.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper with wire whisk or fork
- Stir in pepperoni and onions.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture; cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until firm but still
- Spread pizza sauce over baked crust.
- Top evenly with egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and pizza is hot.
- Sprinkle with basil.
Prep Time 20 min | Total Time 25 min
As with any pizza, it's easy to swap the toppings for your family's favorite.
Cooked sausage, olives or your favorite cheese are just a few options you may want
Basil leaves that are cut into thin strips is called "chiffonade." To cut, stack
the leaves on top of each other, then roll up like a cigar. Slice across the roll
to form long shreds.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 320 (Calories from
Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 245mg Sodium
Carbohydrate18g (Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 3g), Protein 16g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0
Recipe and photograph used with permission from