Sausage and Egg Breakfast Pizza
Ready-to-serve pizza crusts make it easy to put together this morning meal.
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen brown-and-serve pork sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 ready-to-serve pizza crusts, 6 inches in diameter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray;
heat over medium heat.
- Cook sausage in skillet about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown;
- Remove sausage from skillet; set aside.
- Pour eggs into skillet. As mixture begins to set at bottom and side, gently lift
cooked portions with spatula so that thin, uncooked portion can flow to bottom.
Do not stir. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still
- Place pizza crusts on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Top each with eggs and sausage.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Prep Time 6 min | Total Time 26 min | Servings 4
Sparkling apple cider or your favorite fruit juice goes well with this good morning
For a veggie lift, add chopped tomato, green bell pepper and mushrooms before
topping with the final cheese layer.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 680 (Calories from
Fat 415), Total Fat 46 g (Saturated Fat 20 g), Cholesterol 415 mg Sodium 1100 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g (Dietary Fiber1 g), Protein 32 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 16%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 26%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 4 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph used with permission from