Tex-Mex Breakfast Pizza
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups frozen loose-pack diced hash brown potatoes,
- 2 green onions
- 1 to 2 canned jalapeno peppers or canned whole green
chile peppers, drained, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product,
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 (16 ounce) Italian
bread shell (Boboli)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small tomato,
seeded and chopped
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, green onions, peppers, cumin, and garlic.
- Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl stir together egg product, milk, and cilantro; add to skillet.
Cook, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around
- Using a spatula, lift and fold the partially cooked mixture so uncooked
portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and folding until egg product is
cooked through, but is still glossy and moist.
- Remove from heat.
- To assemble pizza, place the bread shell on a large baking sheet or a 12-inch
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the shell.
- Top with the egg mixture, tomato, and the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving: 235 calories, 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 8mg cholesterol,
424mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 14g protein, 9% vitamin A, 14% vitamin
C, 11% calcium, 15% iron