Hash Brown Pizza Crust
Hash browns make a great crust. Meat and potatoes in a pizza.
- 6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons powdered Cheddar cheese product
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups diced pepperoni or ham or scrambled fried lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups grated part skim mozzarella or medium Cheddar cheese*
* A mixture of both cheeses is attractive and tasty
- Hash Brown Pizza Crust: Combine all 6 ingredients in large bowl. Mix well.
- Press firmly in greased 12-inch pizza pan, forming rim around edge.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove to rack.
- Melt margarine in medium frying pan.
- Add onion. Sauté on medium-low, stirring frequently, until very soft and starting to brown.
- Stir in chili sauce, chili powder and pepperoni. Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes until hot and cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Posted by olga at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/02 5:34:59 pm.