Pizza Dough (ABM)
This is a great crust - not too thick or too thin and if you have a bread machine
that accommodates 1 1/2 pound loaves, you can double this recipe.
- 3/4 cup water, 80-90 degrees F
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add lukewarm water and vegetable oil to pan.
- Add flour, sugar, Italian seasoning
and salt to pan. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients, then level pushing some of the
mixture into corners. Make well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast. Lock pan
into bread maker. Program for dough. Start breadmaker.
- When done, remove from pan
and place on floured surface. Knead for 1 minute then let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough out to fit 12 or 14 inch pizza pan. Place dough into greased pan that
has been lightly sprinkled with cornmeal. Press dough into pan, forming an edge.
- Let rise in warm, draft free place for 20-25 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly
over crust, then top with favorite toppings and cheese.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree
F oven for 10 - 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
Posted by Robin in MA at Recipe Goldmine 11/12/2001 6:54 pm.