This is more involved than many pizza sauces but it's worth it! All you have to add for making your pizza is cheese!
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 1 large can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1 large can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- Sauté sausage, ground beef, onions, bell pepper and garlic in oil, cooking
- Mix remaining ingredients together and add the sausage and ground beef.
Simmer uncovered for at least 1 hour.
This sauce makes enough for 3 (12-inch) pizzas. It can be frozen.
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 1/22/2002 11:58 am.