Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup very warm water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir in whole wheat
flour, sugar, salt, olive oil and 1 cup of the unbleached white flour. Knead in
the remaining 1/2 cup of unbleached white flour by hand, kneading for about 5 minutes.
The dough will become smooth and elastic.
- Spray a medium size glass bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl
and turn to coat thoroughly. Cover bowl and allow to rise in a warm place for 15
- Spray one 15-inch pizza pan or two 10-inch pizza pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stretch pizza dough to fit pan and flute outer edges of crust to hold fillings.
- Put crust in 425 degree F preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place
desired toppings on partially baked crust and return to 425 degrees F oven until
cheese is melted and crust is browned (about 15 minutes).
- Top with pizza sauce and any combination of: provolone cheese, shredded mozzarella
cheese, ground beef, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, black olives and pepperoni.
You can save about half of the mozzarella cheese to add to the top of the
pizza about 5 minutes before the pizza should be done.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.