Artichoke Dip Pizza
An entire pizza topping devoted to the delicious and popular artichoke dip!
- 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoons) envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large
bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1
minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough
should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured
surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic,
about 4 minutes.
- Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking
sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in
greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of
- Mix together artichokes, mayonnaise, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, chiles,
garlic powder and minced onion in a large bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Layer crust with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, topping mixture and
remaining cheeses. Sprinkle with tortilla chips.
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is
bubbly and crust is browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
Yield: 1 (12-inch) pizza | Prep Time: 15 min | Bake Time: 12 to 15 min
* If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the
** To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands
to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you.Using
the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate
dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep
kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if
dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Fleischmann's
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.