- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus
- 8 large mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- Mix butter flour and salt until the flour resembles peas, add water and mix until
you have a rollable dough.
- Place on floured surface and roll out to 1/8 inch thick and in a circle.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F and place either a pizza stone or cookie sheet
upside down in oven.
- Place dough on a board that you can slide it off from into
the oven and have a little cornmeal under the dough to help make it slide better.
Turn the edges of the dough in about 1/4 inch and crimp at intervals to make a nice
ruffly edge to your pizza, it will get crusty.
- Cover the dough with the cheese and set aside.
- Trim the asparagus and blanch it for 3 minutes in boiling water in a shallow
- Remove from pan and quickly dip in cold water to stop cooking process. Pat
dry with paper towels and place in a pinwheel fashion around pizza dough with the
stems meeting in the center and making a mound, sprinkle with a little salt and
pepper and slide into the oven on hot surface of pizza stone or cookie sheet and
bake for about 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cut into serving size pieces.
- While pizza is baking slice
mushrooms and place a small amount of olive oil in skillet and add shallots and
garlic cook for about 3 or 4 minutes and add mushrooms. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add just about 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and stir; remove from heat. Spoon
a little on each slice of pizza and serve.
Serves 4 to 6.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.