BLT Jam Flatbread Pizza
Everyone will love this unusual pizza served with fresh arugula, Parmesan and
- 1 package flatbreads, prepared pizza crusts or good quality pocketless pitas
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 1/2 cup BLT Jam
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh mozzarella
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- Curls of Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- 1/2 pound applewood smoked bacon, cut into matchstick pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup minced fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup honey (clover, acacia, tupelo or orange blossom)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon buckwheat honey
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, for non-smoked bacon
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Salt to taste
- BLT Jam: Stovetop directions: Sauté bacon in olive oil on low simmer in a heavy duty
sauce pan until the fat is rendered but the bacon remains soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a towel-lined bowl. Add the onions and sauté for
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the tomato paste, cover and simmer
on low until a brown crust forms on the bottom of the saucepan, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger, cloves, both types of honey, the liquid smoke (if using) and
the water. Simmer, covered for the first 30 minutes and uncovered the last or until
the mixture is thick. Taste for seasoning and adjust, adding salt as needed. Remove
the pan from the heat and stir in the arugula. The heat will wilt the arugula.
- Slow cooker directions: Add all the ingredients, minus the water, to the insert
of a small crock pot. Set to low and set the timer for 4 hours. Taste for seasoning
and add the arugula.
- Place mixture in a food processor and pulse until the bacon is a small mince
and the arugula looks like minced parsley.
- Pizza: Spread or dollop the jam evenly across the flat bread. Dot with goat cheese.
Sprinkle cubes of fresh mozzarella and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Using a
pizza wheel, cut into squares, strips or squares and serve with fresh arugula, Parmesan
and sea salt.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board - nhb.org
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Pizza Recipes