Cacciatore French Bread Pizza
- 6 (7-inch) French rolls or 1 long loaf French bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (1 small) sliced onion
- 1 cup (1 small) sliced bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup CONTADINA Pizza Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 cup (2.8 ounce can) sliced ripe olives
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slice bread in half lengthwise. Place cut-side up on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated
425 degree F oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion, bell pepper
and salt; cook, stirring constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer
pink. Spread pizza sauce over cut surface of bread; top with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with basil, olives and cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through and cheese
Recipe credit: contadina.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Pizza Recipes