Cast-Iron Skillet Pizza
I would name this "Caprese Pizza." it's heavenly!
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- Coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
- Heat well-oiled cast-iron or nonstick 10- or 12-inch frying pan over medium
heat 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; roll one half into round 1 inch smaller than diameter
- Cook dough in hot pan until dough begins to rise and bottom starts to
brown. Using metal spatula, turn carefully. Layer half the tomato slices over
dough; scatter half the mozzarella over top. Lower heat to medium-low; cook
until mozzarella melts.
- Using metal spatula, transfer pizza to cutting board. Sprinkle with salt;
drizzle with half the olive oil.
- Cut into wedges; sprinkle half the basil over top.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: Two 9-to-10-inch
Recipe used with permission from
Chef Mary Ann Esposito
Source: Filippo Berio