Cheese Steak Pizza
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, cut crosswise into thin slices, separated into rings
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) thick prebaked pizza crust (12-inch diameter)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper; continue cooking until beef is not pink and vegetables
are crisp-tender, breaking beef up into small crumbles.
- Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza crust on ungreased large baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture evenly
on pizza crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photo credit: National Cattlemen's Beef Association