Chicken Santa Fe Pizza
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
- Salt, and pepper to taste
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 red pepper julienned
- 1 Spanish onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) pizza dough ball
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Wisconsin Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Jalapeño Havarti or Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Combine half the garlic and all the chili powder, cayenne and paprika.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Rub chicken with mixture and refrigerate in closed plastic bag 1 to 4 hours.
- Grill the chicken on stovetop or outdoor grill. Slice thinly.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Sauté peppers and onions with remaining garlic in olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste; add white wine. Cook for 3 minutes, keeping vegetables firm.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In small bowl, mix marinara and salsa together for sauce. Set aside.
- Form dough into a 12-inch circle and place on pizza stone or in pizza pan.
- Spread sauce over dough; sprinkle Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses over.
- Top pizza with reserved peppers and onion, then chicken, and finally, Havarti cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.