Chinese Chicken Pizza
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup cornmeal or flour
- 1 (4-inch) ball pizza dough, room temperature
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Up to 2/3 cup cilantro leaves (no stems)
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced paper-thin
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Brush skinless chicken with olive oil and season with salt, pepper.
- Grill for 10-15 minutes, direct heat, turning once.
- Cool and cut into strips.
- Sprinkle work surface with cornmeal or flour. Roll out dough from center to a
12-inch circle or rectangle, 1/4-inch thick. Brush both sides with olive oil and
place in center of heated grill's cooking grid.
- Grill over medium direct heat 2 to 4 minutes, until bottom of crust is well marked and browned.
- Remove from grill and spread hoisin sauce evenly over cooked side of crust.
- Sprinkle with chicken, green onions, cilantro, sprouts and red pepper.
- Top with cheese. If using a gas grill, switch to indirect heat.
- Return pizza to center of cooking grate and grill
with lid closed until bottom is browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from grill, shower with pepper and slice to serve hot.
Makes one 12-inch pizza.