Detroit Style Pizza
This is a traditional Detroit Style Pizza that you can make at home.
- 12 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls or 1 Loaf Rhodes White Bread, thawed to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Wisconsin brick cheese
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Spray counter lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine rolls and roll into a 9 x 13-inch rectangle. Place dough in a
sprayed 9 x 13-inch pan to completely cover the bottom. Cover with plastic
wrap and let rise until double.
- While dough is rising, pour crushed tomatoes in a saucepan and add
seasonings. Heat until warmed through.
- Remove wrap from dough and place a layer of pepperoni over the risen
- Combine both cheeses and sprinkle liberally across the top, building it
up on the edges.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Loosen from sides and remove from pan to a cooling rack. Top each piece
with the warm crushed tomatoes mixture before serving.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Pizza Recipes