Detroit Style Pizza
This is a traditional Detroit Style Pizza that you can make at home.
- 12 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls or 1 Loaf Rhodes White Bread, thawed to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Wisconsin brick cheese
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Spray counter lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine rolls and roll into a 9 x 13-inch rectangle. Place dough in a sprayed 9 x 13-inch pan to completely cover the bottom. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until double.
- While dough is rising, pour crushed tomatoes in a saucepan and add seasonings. Heat until warmed through.
- Remove wrap from dough and place a layer of pepperoni over the risen dough.
- Combine both cheeses and sprinkle liberally across the top, building it up on the edges.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Loosen from sides and remove from pan to a cooling rack. Top each piece with the warm crushed tomatoes mixture before serving.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.