Electric Skillet Fried Pizza
- 1/2 package yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Pinch of sugar, added to yeast
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 generous tablespoon liquid oil
- Dissolve yeast in warm water adding sugar.
- Mix remaining ingredients and let raise two hours.
- Spread dough out in an electric skillet.
- Pour 1/2 can tomato paste over the top of the dough.
- Top the tomato paste with a mixture of cooked ground beef and sausage.
- Cook onion and green pepper with meat.
- Season meat and oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic salt cooking mushrooms go on top of the cooked meat.
- Cover with a slices of Mozzarella cheese.
- Pour on rest of tomato paste with garlic salt, salt and pepper and sweet basil.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook at about 300 degrees
F with steam vent closed. Crust will brown and cheese melted to be ready to serve.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine May 1, 2001.